India’s First 1.3 Peta Flop HPC Facility
High-Performance Computation based R&D in India is going to witness a new phase with the setting up of India’s first state-of-the-art 1.3 PetaFlop High-Performance Computing facility and datacenter ecosystem at IIT Kharagpur under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM). The Institute signed an MoU with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), an autonomous Scientific Society of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India on March 12. 2019 towards this effect. C-DAC would facilitate supply, installation, commissioning and operations of state-of-the-art HPC facility along with Data Center ecosystem at IIT Kharagpur funded under the NSM project.
19-Jul-2021 : PARAM shakti HPC cluster is now live and ready for use . Storage hardware related issues has been fixed during the maintenance.
05-Jul-2021 : PARAM shakti will be down for maintenance from 05-Jul-2021, 10 AM. Users will be notified once the maintenance activity completed.
21-Nov-2020 : A virtual workshop on Supercomputing is jointly organized by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Pune and IIT Kharagpur from 23-27 November 2020.
11-Oct-2020 : Currently we are having storage hardware related issues. So users may face slowness in accessing the /home and /scratch directory.
08-Aug-2020 : Please use Support Tool to open a ticket for any issue on PARAM Shakti.
01-Aug-2020 : The HPC facility now available for faculty and the research scholars .To get user accounts and login credentials please follow the Quick Start Guide tab in the left hand margin.View All
Workshops Conducted by CCDS & NSM Nodal Centre
- Bootcamp on using Paramshakti supercomputer [September 18, 2021]. Please refer the link for more detail.
- Workshop III - HPC for Astronomy and Astrophysics [ 20-23 September, 2021] .Please refer the link for more detail.
- Workshop II - Accelerated Data Science [ 20-21 February, 2021]
- Course - I : HPC Shiksha - Basics of High Performance Computing [ November 2, 2020 - January 29, 2021 ]
- Workshop – I: GPU Bootcamp [ 15-16 Sep, 2020]